It used to be that, in addition to writing over at Paris by Mouth, I would occasionally find time on a spare and calm Sunday to post something over here, too. Spare Sundays are now a thing of the past. Blame the food tours. We started offering them two months ago, and they’ve turned out [...]
I felt like a stalker last night at L’Ami Jean. I walked into this place carrying more back-story than should ever be brought to a restaurant. I knew of love affairs that had taken off because of chef Stéphane Jego’s cooking. I’d heard about marathon sessions in which the most serious eaters I know couldn’t finish everything that was served. I’d been checking the Facebook page, on which they post the daily changing menu, for several months. And I’d been writing about it for years without ever having been.
Virgins who wait too long before sex have a similar problem…
I treasure this little spot near the Parc des Buttes-Chaumont, and come often for the selection of natural wines and simple food. It’s neither expensive nor ambitious nor crowded, and the welcome from Nafouel is always sweet.
- Endangered: French Regional Cooking in Paris December 3, 2013
- Percolating in Paris: A New Coffee Scene November 30, 2013
- What To Expect When You’re Cupping November 29, 2013
- Primer: Ordering Coffee in Paris November 28, 2013
- Our Guide to Decent Coffee November 27, 2013
- Paris Food & Wine Events November 26, 2013
- Beaujolais Nouveau Death March: Our Report on the 2013 Wines & Parties November 24, 2013