In addition to freelance food and travel writing for (mostly) American publications, I’m the founding editor of Paris by Mouth, a collaborative food & wine website that launched in June 2010. The Wall Street Journal recently called Paris by Mouth “the definitive blog on the city’s food and wine scene.”
Beyond that, I’ve written more than 600 reviews of restaurants, bars, hotels and shops as a contributor to Budget Travel, BlackBook, SAVEUR, Food & Wine, the BBC’s Olive magazine, the Wall Street Journal online, Frommer’s Paris, Gridskipper, Momondo, and the seat-pocket magazines of United, Virgin Trains, and Gulf Air. I’ve been featured in stories about Paris by CNN, Peter Greenberg’s Radio Show, Euranet Radio’s Europe Unzipped and Germany’s Stern and GEO Saison.
The food writers at Paris by Mouth now using our collective knowledge to lead tasting tours through the most exceptional shops in Paris. Our tours run almost every day of the week, our prices are affordable, and we offer the instant gratification of online booking.
I’m not a professional shutterbug, but I have quite a few photos spread between my Flickr site and the pages of the New York Times T Magazine, the Wall Street Journal, Food & Wine, The Guardian, Libération, Wine Spectator, and other friendly poachers.
You can email me at megzimbeck[at]gmail.com
- The 20 Best Bites of Haute Cuisine in Paris January 30, 2015
- Behind the Curtain: Examining Haute Cuisine in Paris January 30, 2015
- The Best Paris Wine Bars for Small Sharable Plates January 30, 2015
- The Best Modern French Restaurants in Paris January 30, 2015
- The Best Classic French Bistros in Paris January 30, 2015
- Special Report: Haute Cuisine in Paris January 30, 2015
- Siseng January 28, 2015