It used to be that, in addition to writing over at Paris by Mouth, I would occasionally find time on a spare and calm Sunday to post something over here, too.
Spare Sundays are now a thing of the past. Blame the food tours. We started offering them two months ago, and they’ve turned out to be rather popular (and time consuming). Who knew?
Word of mouth from happy clients has really helped, and that goes double when the happy client is Ruth Reichl. That’s right: the supremely knowledgeable Editor of Gilt Taste (former Editor of Gourmet magazine and restaurant critic for the New York Times) recently came on a tour with the awe-inspiring Nancy Silverton. I was, as you can imagine, in a state of panic about what to say to these two food stars. In the end, though, Ruth was kind enough to write that “I’d recommend these to anyone; in a very intense two hours we worked our way through Androuet and Barthelemy, and discovered a few cheeses that were completely new to me.”
I’m hoping to get back to blogging soon, but in the meantime you’ll find me cutting the cheese (and pastry and pâté) out on the sidewalks, rushing between one highly caloric stop to the next. It’s a lot of fun, and you’re very welcome to join us!
- Big Fire at Patrick Roger Workshop September 30, 2014
- Paris Food & Wine Events September 30, 2014
- Our Guide to Paris Restaurants September 29, 2014
- Paris Restaurants Open on Monday September 28, 2014
- Now open: Porte 12 September 24, 2014
- Upcoming Food & Wine Tours September 24, 2014
- Anne-Sophie Pic to open in NYC September 23, 2014