In our defense, we were tired.
Having just completed sixteen hours (or at least six) of tedious design work for the soon-to-be tricked out Paris by Mouth, Barbra and I were a little glazed. We wanted beer and to eat a little something, but we didn’t want to put on pants. Within these confines, a plan was born: we would taste and compare pizzas from two of the outlets on my street.
Speed Rabbit vs. Domino’s Pizza
The options at both joints, at least in name, are awesome. Speed Rabbit (which already sounds like a sex toy) has a pizza called Crazy bun’s soufflée. It also has one called Long Island, featuring seafood and mozzerella-cheddar. In the end, we went with Nebraska Beef, which pairs double ground beef and Samurai sauce. This is what we got:
When reading “egg” in the list of ingredients, we couldn’t have guessed that it would be raw, cracked onto an already-undercooked bed of cheese pellets. It was… difficult to eat.
We had better luck with the Hypnotika from Domino’s, an option that won out over the Beefanatika and the Bacon Groovy. Domino’s version, topped with merguez and crème fraîche, was at least fully cooked. Beyond that, I’m at a loss to say something nice.
- Paris Food & Wine Events August 27, 2014
- Word of Mouth: August Reviews August 26, 2014
- Upcoming Food & Wine Tours August 24, 2014
- LiLi August 12, 2014
- Not Terrible Near the Champs-Élysées August 8, 2014
- What’s Open in August? Our 2014 Calendar of Restaurant Closures July 30, 2014
- Word of Mouth: July Reviews July 28, 2014