In our defense, we were tired.
Having just completed sixteen hours (or at least six) of tedious design work for the soon-to-be tricked out Paris by Mouth, Barbra and I were a little glazed. We wanted beer and to eat a little something, but we didn’t want to put on pants. Within these confines, a plan was born: we would taste and compare pizzas from two of the outlets on my street.
Speed Rabbit vs. Domino’s Pizza
The options at both joints, at least in name, are awesome. Speed Rabbit (which already sounds like a sex toy) has a pizza called Crazy bun’s soufflée. It also has one called Long Island, featuring seafood and mozzerella-cheddar. In the end, we went with Nebraska Beef, which pairs double ground beef and Samurai sauce. This is what we got:
When reading “egg” in the list of ingredients, we couldn’t have guessed that it would be raw, cracked onto an already-undercooked bed of cheese pellets. It was… difficult to eat.
We had better luck with the Hypnotika from Domino’s, an option that won out over the Beefanatika and the Bacon Groovy. Domino’s version, topped with merguez and crème fraîche, was at least fully cooked. Beyond that, I’m at a loss to say something nice.
- Big Fire at Patrick Roger Workshop September 30, 2014
- Paris Food & Wine Events September 30, 2014
- Our Guide to Paris Restaurants September 29, 2014
- Paris Restaurants Open on Monday September 28, 2014
- Now open: Porte 12 September 24, 2014
- Upcoming Food & Wine Tours September 24, 2014
- Anne-Sophie Pic to open in NYC September 23, 2014