Many who have seen me in recent weeks have been asking, “Meg, how do you stay so curvy?” It’s time to divulge my secret: the all-carb diet.
After posting earlier about the annual competition to name the best baguette in Paris, I began researching a longer article for Budget Travel. By “researching,” I of course mean eating bread. My particular brand of gluttonerdery compelled me to analyze, using a spreadsheet, the performance of bakeries in this competition over several years. I selected the bakeries with the most top ten prizes, and paid them a visit to better understand their carbolicious wares.
The resulting article, The Wheat from the Chaff: the Best Baguette in Paris, is online now. It’s time to start researching my next piece, entitled “The Blubber from the Fool: The Best Detox Diets for Meg.”
- A goofy Q&A about baguette protocol between me and BT editor Steve Merrill.
- My Google map of the best baguettes in Paris, which plots the top ten winners from each of the past four years. With more than 6500 views in 30 days, this map represents a clear threat to public health.
- Some hunger-making photographs from Marie Hennechart in slideshow to accompany the BT article.
- An account from Phyllis Flick of her experience judging the 2010 baguette competition.
- Big Fire at Patrick Roger Workshop September 30, 2014
- Paris Food & Wine Events September 30, 2014
- Our Guide to Paris Restaurants September 29, 2014
- Paris Restaurants Open on Monday September 28, 2014
- Now open: Porte 12 September 24, 2014
- Upcoming Food & Wine Tours September 24, 2014
- Anne-Sophie Pic to open in NYC September 23, 2014