Many who have seen me in recent weeks have been asking, “Meg, how do you stay so curvy?” It’s time to divulge my secret: the all-carb diet.
After posting earlier about the annual competition to name the best baguette in Paris, I began researching a longer article for Budget Travel. By “researching,” I of course mean eating bread. My particular brand of gluttonerdery compelled me to analyze, using a spreadsheet, the performance of bakeries in this competition over several years. I selected the bakeries with the most top ten prizes, and paid them a visit to better understand their carbolicious wares.
The resulting article, The Wheat from the Chaff: the Best Baguette in Paris, is online now. It’s time to start researching my next piece, entitled “The Blubber from the Fool: The Best Detox Diets for Meg.”
- A goofy Q&A about baguette protocol between me and BT editor Steve Merrill.
- My Google map of the best baguettes in Paris, which plots the top ten winners from each of the past four years. With more than 6500 views in 30 days, this map represents a clear threat to public health.
- Some hunger-making photographs from Marie Hennechart in slideshow to accompany the BT article.
- An account from Phyllis Flick of her experience judging the 2010 baguette competition.
- Paris Food & Wine Events August 27, 2014
- Word of Mouth: August Reviews August 26, 2014
- Upcoming Food & Wine Tours August 24, 2014
- LiLi August 12, 2014
- Not Terrible Near the Champs-Élysées August 8, 2014
- What’s Open in August? Our 2014 Calendar of Restaurant Closures July 30, 2014
- Word of Mouth: July Reviews July 28, 2014