Regardless of what you think of the Michelin Guide (and an increasing number of people are put off or put to sleep), the release of its annual judgement is always big news.
The full press release is online here, but I’ve summarized the major Paris news below:
The Good News
- La Bigarrade got its second star. What was already hard-to-book will now become impossible.
- Yam’Tcha, which was already heralded this year by Le Fooding, picked up a star.
- Passage 53, one of my favorites, was also awarded a first star. Even with those horrible chairs.
The Bad News
- New restaurant from Pirouette near Palais Royal: L’Hurluberlu September 18, 2014
- Paris Food & Wine Events September 17, 2014
- Les Caves du Marais September 14, 2014
- La Marine September 13, 2014
- Académie de la Bière September 13, 2014
- Fish (La Boissonnerie) September 13, 2014
- L’Envol Québécois September 13, 2014