Regardless of what you think of the Michelin Guide (and an increasing number of people are put off or put to sleep), the release of its annual judgement is always big news.
The full press release is online here, but I’ve summarized the major Paris news below:
The Good News
- La Bigarrade got its second star. What was already hard-to-book will now become impossible.
- Yam’Tcha, which was already heralded this year by Le Fooding, picked up a star.
- Passage 53, one of my favorites, was also awarded a first star. Even with those horrible chairs.
The Bad News
- Word of Mouth: August Reviews August 26, 2014
- Upcoming Food & Wine Tours August 24, 2014
- Paris Food & Wine Events August 19, 2014
- LiLi August 12, 2014
- Not Terrible Near the Champs-Élysées August 8, 2014
- What’s Open in August? Our 2014 Calendar of Restaurant Closures July 30, 2014
- Word of Mouth: July Reviews July 28, 2014