Regardless of what you think of the Michelin Guide (and an increasing number of people are put off or put to sleep), the release of its annual judgement is always big news.
The full press release is online here, but I’ve summarized the major Paris news below:
The Good News
- La Bigarrade got its second star. What was already hard-to-book will now become impossible.
- Yam’Tcha, which was already heralded this year by Le Fooding, picked up a star.
- Passage 53, one of my favorites, was also awarded a first star. Even with those horrible chairs.
The Bad News
- The Restaurant David Toutain Opens December 23 December 11, 2013
- Paris Food & Wine Events December 10, 2013
- Endangered: French Regional Cooking in Paris December 3, 2013
- Percolating in Paris: A New Coffee Scene November 30, 2013
- What To Expect When You’re Cupping November 29, 2013
- Primer: Ordering Coffee in Paris November 28, 2013
- Our Guide to Decent Coffee November 27, 2013