Macaron lovers rejoice—March 20 is the Jour du Macaron in Paris. This annual celebration, dreamed up five years ago by the famed pâtissier Pierre Hermé, finds pastry shops giving their meringue-y little delights away for free.
Customers are encouraged to make a charitable donation on their way out the door. It’s a sweet idea in celebration of spring and in support of research to treat rare diseases.
The crowds will be large this Saturday at Pierre Hermé, with fans lining up to choose any three of his famous macarons. Tempting flavors for spring 2010 include white truffle with grilled hazelnut and foie gras with chocolate, along with traditional favorites like coffee, caramel, and three kinds of vanilla. But Hermé isn’t the only one sharing his cookies…
> For a list of participating pâtisseries, continue reading at Budget Travel.
> For a report on last year’s celebration, check out Dorie Greenspan’s post here.
- Paris Food & Wine Events September 21, 2014
- New restaurant from Pirouette near Palais Royal: L’Hurluberlu September 18, 2014
- Les Caves du Marais September 14, 2014
- La Marine September 13, 2014
- Académie de la Bière September 13, 2014
- Fish (La Boissonnerie) September 13, 2014
- L’Envol Québécois September 13, 2014