My first meal at this restaurant took place many years ago, during my second-ever visit to Paris. I was lucky enough to be staying with friends who lived in Paris and loved to eat – friends who knew about special places like le Bistrot Paul Bert. Memory is patchy, but a few first impressions have stuck with me: the warm and sweetly worn décor, the generous cooking, and the delightful absence of other tourists.
Years later, shortly after moving here, I met a woman at a party who turned out to be the food editor for TimeOut Paris. I asked her, as I’m sure everyone does, to recommend one really special place that I could afford. After a moment of appraisal (in which she might have seen that I was both eager and broke), she decided upon le Bistrot Paul Bert.
> Read the rest of this review at The Girls’ Guide to Paris
> Read other trusted reviews of Le Bistrot Paul Bert at Paris by Mouth
- Paris Food & Wine Events August 19, 2014
- Word of Mouth: August Reviews August 14, 2014
- LiLi August 12, 2014
- Not Terrible Near the Champs-Élysées August 8, 2014
- Upcoming Food & Wine Tours August 1, 2014
- What’s Open in August? Our 2014 Calendar of Restaurant Closures July 30, 2014
- Word of Mouth: July Reviews July 28, 2014