My first meal at this restaurant took place many years ago, during my second-ever visit to Paris. I was lucky enough to be staying with friends who lived in Paris and loved to eat – friends who knew about special places like le Bistrot Paul Bert. Memory is patchy, but a few first impressions have stuck with me: the warm and sweetly worn décor, the generous cooking, and the delightful absence of other tourists.
Years later, shortly after moving here, I met a woman at a party who turned out to be the food editor for TimeOut Paris. I asked her, as I’m sure everyone does, to recommend one really special place that I could afford. After a moment of appraisal (in which she might have seen that I was both eager and broke), she decided upon le Bistrot Paul Bert.
> Read the rest of this review at The Girls’ Guide to Paris
> Read other trusted reviews of Le Bistrot Paul Bert at Paris by Mouth
- Happy 90th Birthday Roquefort! February 19, 2015
- Our Guide to Paris Restaurants February 18, 2015
- Special Report: Haute Cuisine in Paris February 18, 2015
- Paris Food & Wine Events February 18, 2015
- Our Guide to the Salon de L’Agriculture February 17, 2015
- Our 50 Favorite Paris Restaurants February 2, 2015
- Our Favorite Three Star Restaurants in Paris February 1, 2015