My first meal at this restaurant took place many years ago, during my second-ever visit to Paris. I was lucky enough to be staying with friends who lived in Paris and loved to eat – friends who knew about special places like le Bistrot Paul Bert. Memory is patchy, but a few first impressions have stuck with me: the warm and sweetly worn décor, the generous cooking, and the delightful absence of other tourists.
Years later, shortly after moving here, I met a woman at a party who turned out to be the food editor for TimeOut Paris. I asked her, as I’m sure everyone does, to recommend one really special place that I could afford. After a moment of appraisal (in which she might have seen that I was both eager and broke), she decided upon le Bistrot Paul Bert.
> Read the rest of this review at The Girls’ Guide to Paris
> Read other trusted reviews of Le Bistrot Paul Bert at Paris by Mouth
- Easter in Paris: Who’s Ringing Our Bell April 18, 2014
- Word of Mouth: April Reviews April 17, 2014
- Paris Food & Wine Events April 17, 2014
- Pizza dei Cioppi April 17, 2014
- Jacques Genin’s New Location April 9, 2014
- Saint-Germain: Our Guide to Eating & Drinking It April 9, 2014
- Aux Enfants Gâtés April 7, 2014