Today’s challenge as part of the Edible Advent Calendar:

Can you name this treat?

Leave your answer (product/location) in the comments section below. The reader who has accumulated the most victories by December 24 will receive an edible Christmas present from me. I’ll keep your guesses hidden until the answer is revealed tomorrow on Budget Travel, then I’ll publish the comments and name the winner for this challenge.

YESTERDAY’S WINNERS: Congratulations to Lil, Theresa, Zeva BellelSophie and Kelaine for naming the buttery brioche from Philippe Conticini’s Pâtisserie des Rêves. And a half point to Anne naming the shop and making me laugh.  The full description of this delicious thing will be appearing later today on the Budget Travel Paris Page.

Tagged with:

9 Responses to Edible Advent: Dec. 15

1. Lil says:

Ooooo saffron from Goumanyat et Son Royaume, kindly presented by Monsieur Jean Thiercelin :)

2. Sophie says:

it’s hard to tell exactly what the spice is, since the picture is a bit blurry, but i think it’s saffron. at goumanyat.

3. Theresa says:

I don’t actually recognise the place, and though the little square drawers remind me of the Chinese herb shops where one can cure aches and pains inside and out, it can’t be that… So…Herbs… Goumanyat?? Never been, but know it’s “famous”.

4. Loulou says:

Annatto seeds at Goumanyat & Son Royaume?
    3 rue Charles-Francois Dupuis
    75003

5. Anne says:

That’s Goumanyat (spelling?) and I’m guessing that it’s saffron.

I went to Du Pain et Des Idees yesterday and bought that lovely pain des amies at your suggestion. Beautiful shop, great bread, but a trek and a half for me. Will you ever find some treats west of Concorde? (Some of us can’t help that we live on this side of town. Not complaining. I’m just saying.)

6. Phyllis says:

Looks like saffron from Goumanyat

7. Kelaine says:

Saffron!!!

Goumanyat et Son Royaume. I wish the computer had smell-o-vision!

8. Kelaine says:

PS The time delay between Alberta and Paris is freaking me out for answering these food challenges!

9. Zeva Bellel says:

The owner of Goumanyat with his giant jar of saffron threads.